On behalf of your brother Octave, called to be a prisoner of Christ by the will of God, may grace and peace be given to you by Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
Faith is the condition and also the motivation of all beliefs.
Faith according to the Bible is an assurance, a firm hope, an absolute confidence, a sense of security of a person who confides in Christ.
– But faith is a firm assurance of the things we hope for, a demonstration of those we do not see (Hebrews 11: 1).
– So do not give up your insurance, which is attached a great remuneration.
For you need perseverance, that after doing the will of God, you will obtain what you are promised.
A little longer, a little time: the one who will come will come, and he will not delay.
And my righteous will live by faith; but if he withdraws, my soul does not take pleasure in him.
We are not of those who withdraw to be lost, but of those who have faith to save their souls (Hebrews 10.35.39).
Faith often leads the person to a behavior that confirms this belief by doing all kinds of good Works
– For we are his work, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God hath prepared in advance, that we may do them (Ephesians 2: 10).
– This is so with faith: if it does not have works, it is dead in itself (James 2:17).
– As the body without soul is dead, so faith without works is dead (James 2:26).
– Little children, let us not love in word and tongue, but in deeds and with truth (1 John 3:18).
Faith in Christ requires having knowledge of the word of Jesus Christ
– How, then, shall they call on him whom they have not believed? And how will they believe in him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear about it, if there is no one who preaches (Romans 10.14).
– Thus faith comes from what we hear, and what we hear comes from the word of Christ (Romans 10.17).
– My people are destroyed because they lack knowledge. Since you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you, and you will be stripped of my priesthood; Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children (Hosea 4.6).
Faith is a grace according to the Bible.
– For it is by grace that you are saved by the means of faith. And it does not come from you, it is the gift of God.
It is not by works, that no one may boast (Ephesians 2: 8-9).
– So also the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached this good news to Abraham beforehand: All nations shall be blessed in you.
so that those who believe are blessed with Abraham the believer (Galatians 3: 8-9).
– And that no one is justified before God by the law is evident, since it is said, The just shall live by faith (Galatians 3:11).
Faith according to the Bible, is believing
– What does she say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart. Now, it is the word of faith, which we preach.
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and if you believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is by believing in the heart that they come to righteousness, and it is by confessing with the mouth that salvation is attained, according to what Scripture says:
Whoever believes in him will not be confounded.
There is no difference, indeed, between the Jew and the Greek, since they all have the same Lord, who is rich for all who invoke him.
For whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved (Romans 10: 8-13).
– It is by faith that we recognize that the world has been formed by the word of God, so that what we see has not been made of visible things (Hebrews 11: 3).
– Let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God, and believe in me (John 14: 1).
– They said to him, What shall we do to do the works of God?
Jesus answered them, « The work of God is that you believe in him whom he has sent » (John 6: 28-29).
Faith is a belief according to the Bible.
He did not doubt, by incredulity, about the promise of God; but he was strengthened by faith, giving glory to God, and having the full conviction that what he promises he can also fulfill (Romans 4.20-21).
– Such makes a distinction between days; another considers them all equal. Let each one have in his mind a full conviction (Romans 14: 5).
– But whoever has doubts about what he eats is condemned because he does not act out of conviction. All that is not the product of a conviction is sin (Romans 14:23).
– If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all simply and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
But let him ask for it in faith, without doubting; for he who doubts is like the wave of the sea, stirred by the wind and pushed aside.
That such a man does not imagine that he will receive something from the Lord: he is an irresolute man, inconstant in all his ways (Jacque 1.5).
Faith according to the Bible is a power
– The apostles said to the Lord, Increase us faith.
And the Lord said: If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this sycamore: Uproot yourself, and plant yourself in the sea; and he would obey you (Luke 17: 5-6).
– For the rest, my brothers and sisters in Christ, be joyful, seeking perfection in faith in Jesus Christ.
Live in peace, in love and according to Jesus Christ.
Greet the saints and my readers.
May the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with all of you. Amen!